Bruce Willis’ ski lodge burned to ground

Bruce WillisBruce Willis‘ Soldier Mountain ski lodge in Fairfield, Idaho caught fire early Monday morning. The resort had closed for the season the week before and no one was injured in the blaze.Volunteer firefighters arrived on scene 30 minutes after the fire started, but it was too late. “The two buildings are completely gone and nothing left inside could be saved,” Fire Chief Wayne Marolf told reporters. “When we first arrived the smoke and box smoke were bailing out of the north lodge, the north end of the rental shop was engulfed, it was rolling off the roof line. The only thing I could do was put water onto the building that hadn’t been engulfed in flames yet, and try to cool down the flames coming out.” Marolf later concluded the fire was the result of the main electrical panel shorting out and ruled the fire as accidental.

Share this article:

Comments & Discussion

  1. Nancy • April 1, 2009 @ 4:31 PM

    I bet he had it insured to the max. Maybe he was just “liquidating his assets”.

Join The Conversation:

Trending Articles

Current Poll

  • Which Star Wars character, besides Han Solo, should get a prequel movie?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...

You Might Also Like

Close Menu