Just days after production on the Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody was halted due to Bryan Singer‘s unexplained absence — and subsequent firing — the director is once again facing accusations for sexually assaulting an underage boy.
This new lawsuit, filed in Seattle, alleges that Singer demanded sex from Cesar Sanchez-Guzman, 17 at the time, during a yacht party in 2003. According to the lawsuit, when the boy refused, Singer pushed him onto a bed and sexually assaulted him.
A representative for the director told The New York Times that Singer denies the allegations.
Singer has faced similar accusations before. In 2014, a lawsuit was filed in Hawaii, claiming Singer repeatedly drugged, raped, threatened and sodomized Michael Egan, who was 17 at the time. Several other accusers came forward, but settled out of court. Egan was dropped by his lawyer when he refused to take the money. However, Egan’s experiences are documented, along with those of other child actors, in the Hollywood pedophilia documentary An Open Secret.
Another lawsuit against Singer was filed anonymously in Los Angeles by a U.K. resident in May 2014, alleging in 2006 when the complainant was 14, he was supplied with drugs and alcohol by a producer, who then introduced him to Singer. The lawsuit alleges that the producer and Singer grabbed him in a sexual manner.
Last month Jessica Chastain also called attention to the allegations that have followed Singer for years while talking about her support for victims of sexual assault in Hollywood.
Singer continues to deny all the allegations and has not yet been charged. ~Hayley Michaud
May 6, 2020 | 18 Comments
Kevin Spacey speaks out for the first time since the sexual assault allegations against him & says he relates to those who have lost their jobs due to COVID-19.
March 11, 2020 | 7 Comments
Harvey Weinstein was sentenced to 23 years in New York Supreme State Court today by Judge James Burke for sexual assault. His victims gave impact statements.