Celine Dion ex-employee turned down payout

Celine Dion is being sued by an ex-employee Celine Dion says an ex-employee who is suing her turned down a $10,000 payout when he was fired. Keith Sturtevant - a former "warehouse manager" for Celine and her husband - filed a federal lawsuit claiming he was never paid overtime even though he regularly worked more than 40 hours per week during more than three years of service. A representative for Celine told website TMZ.com: "[Keith was] paid a handsome yearly salary that covered overtime for his services for three years." In his lawsuit, the prosecutor claimed he originally made about $50,000 per year but eventually got a raise to $63,000 per year. The spokesperson also claimed he turned down a good severance package, holiday pay and $10,000 when he was fired in May. He was apparently let go due to poor performance. Shortly before the case opened, Celine started recording her new album. The 'My Heart Will Go On' singer - who was forced to cancel many of her Las Vegas residency shows earlier because of a virus - had been put on vocal rest but doctors gave her the all-clear to go back into studio.

Share this article:

Comments & Discussion

  1. Germain • June 29, 2012 @ 10:49 AM

    He might have been thinking, I’ll turn down 10.000 to make even more later. We’ll see if it works out for him.

  2. Lily • June 29, 2012 @ 11:11 AM

    usually when you are offered a ‘package’ on severance there are conditions – it’s possible that he didn’t agree to the conditions – ie: suing, talking about her in the media, – or who knows with her because she has some really wacked out ideas (ie: when my friends son with CF met her for her “charity” she wouldn’t even say ‘hello’ to him because she doesn’t ‘talk in case it hurts her vocal chords” I mean seriously you can’t even just say ‘hello’ to an 8 year old kid with a disease that you are apparently giving support to?” – so he would not be able to take the money or severance if he didn’t sign her paperwork agreement. Not saying that’s what happened but it’s a possibility.

  3. Mary • June 29, 2012 @ 11:44 AM

    I’m sure he’s just trying to get more money out of them, otherwise it wouldn’t be in the news this fast. I would imagine he would’ve been asked to sign a “no talking to the media” clause BEFORE he started working for them, not after.
    Celine’s trouble with her vocal chords has been well publicized. Saying hello once isn’t an issue, but imagine if everyone demanded it. Hello 400 times when you are instructed not to say a word is actually detrimental, regardless of the age or health of the person demanding it. I don’t see any other breadwinners in that family.

Join The Conversation:

Trending Articles

Current Poll

  • Which TIFF film are you most looking forward to this fall?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...

You Might Also Like


Close Menu