Corey Haim died of pulmonary congestion says his mom

corey_haimCorey Haim died of pulmonary congestion, his mother Judy insists. His death was initially thought to be caused by an accidental prescription drug overdose, but Judy says his autopsy proved otherwise. The post-mortem was completed last night, and Judy told Access Hollywood she received a call from the L.A. County Coroner’s office, informing her Haim had an enlarged heart and fluid in his lungs at the time of his death. The coroner has yet to confirm whether tests revealed the presence of any of the medication found in four bottles in Haim’s room. Those drugs are believed to be Valium, Vicodin, a muscle relaxant called Soma and the anti-psychotic drug Haloperidol. Mark Heaslip, Haim’s agent said the actor was aware he had a “minor” heart condition, and was managing it well. “He told me he had a skip in his heart, nothing major.” Haim was suffering flu-like symptoms in the days leading up to his death. The day he died, he stumbled into his mother’s room shortly after midnight complaining of dizziness and difficulty breathing. She helped him back to his bed where he became unresponsive. She called paramedics, but he was pronounced dead at the hospital. Haim had been living with his mother to look after her as she battled breast cancer. His official cause of death is expected to be announced in the next few weeks.

Share this article:

Comments & Discussion

  1. gypsy • March 12, 2010 @ 2:07 PM

    When somebody complains of difficulty in breathing,they should be taken to hospital immediately!Better to be safe than sorry!!!

  2. Jimbo • March 12, 2010 @ 2:18 PM

    Gypsy, I agree 100% Or take his mother’s approach, send him back to bed to sleep it off….at least he won’t be complaining anymore….

  3. Deena • March 12, 2010 @ 3:15 PM

    She didn’t send him back to bed to sleep it off, she had him lie down so he would be comfortable (he was standing up when he complained that he wasn’t feeling well) and she called 911 immediately. It’s sick that you’re blaming the mother, who not only has cancer, but now her son is dead.

  4. M • March 12, 2010 @ 4:30 PM

    it’s to bad he didn’t have his “licence to drive” then he could have gone by himself.

    Max P

  5. gypsy • March 12, 2010 @ 10:57 PM

    NASTY,NASTY,NASTY,DIDN’T ANYONE EVER TELL YOU NOT TO SPEAK ILL OF SOMEONE WHO HAS PASSED AWAY!!!

  6. mandee • March 13, 2010 @ 3:49 PM

    this is a sad story no matter what it was that took his life. how are all these people soo ill? i hope, for his mothers sake, that it was a heart thing rather than an OD.

  7. Jo-Anne • March 13, 2010 @ 10:49 PM

    agree, Deena…

  8. Nancy • March 14, 2010 @ 2:50 AM

    I too, agree Deena.

Join The Conversation:

Similar Articles

Tags:

Trending Articles

Current Poll

  • Happy Death Day releases this week. Who is your favorite serial killer from film?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...

You Might Also Like


Close Menu