Entourage actor Kevin Connolly accused of sexual assault

By Marriska Fernandes on July 15, 2020 | 5 Comments


Kevin Connolly in Entourage movieEntourage star Kevin Connolly has been accused of sexually assaulting costume designer Gracie Cox.

South Carolina native Cox, who has since left the industry and now works as a therapist for children, told The Daily Beast that Connolly attacked her at the 2005 wrap party for Gardener of Eden, an indie film about a serial rapist, which was directed by Connolly.

Cox, who was 29 at the time of the incident, said: “We were at the party and I don’t think I’d been there for more than an hour or so when Kevin approached me and asked if I’d go with him for a smoke.” He then led her down a hall to a VIP lounge area.

“As soon as we were alone in that area, he started to kiss me,” Cox recalled. “I didn’t know how to respond — but before I could even think about what to do about it, he pulled me into one of those little side [booths], and pulled down my pants, and turned me around, and within no time was inside of me. I was just in shock.”

Afterwards, she says he threw a pillow at her and told her to clean herself up. “He then told me that he was going to leave and to wait a few minutes, because he didn’t want anyone to see us together.”

Connolly denies assault allegations

Connolly has denied the allegations against him. He said in a statement issued by his attorney that he “categorically denies” assaulting Cox but admits a “lack of professionalism” on his part in terms with the encounter.

The statement to The Daily Beast reads: “Kevin strongly supports victims of sexual assault and believes their claims should always be heard. As someone who has worked in this industry for four decades, he has treated people with nothing but respect and has maintained a stellar reputation. Therefore, he was completely shocked to learn of the allegations made by Gracie Cox from a wrap party in 2005.”

The statement concludes by stating: “Kevin acknowledges the lack of professionalism on his part, but he adamantly denies that it was anything other than a mutual consensual encounter.”

At the time, Cox was worried about her future in the industry, but is no longer afraid. She added: “I want it to be known that he is dangerous and I want him to not get away with it any longer.” ~Marriska Fernandes



Comments & Discussion

  1. Sarah • July 15, 2020 @ 10:58 PM

    Good thing she finally spoke up, despite him being dangerous.

  2. Paul • July 16, 2020 @ 11:55 AM

    Something is weird about that story, don’t know what but something.

  3. Derek Beaupre • July 16, 2020 @ 12:36 PM

    It sounds to me that she consented.
    If she didn’t want it to happen she should have screamed “NO” !!!
    Instead she submitted and thought about future jobs ??????????
    Something is wrong with this, makes it tough for the real assault victims to be taken seriously.
    There have been a lot of accusations happening and if they really did go on then the women deserve better, not to be treated like they were.
    Accusations are just that, accusations. There are too many of them going on and it’s ruining people’s lives. I was 14 when I got raped and for a male to deal with that in the 1970s was strange enough, let alone be believed. But, I stood on the roof tops till I was heard. The 2 child care workers that raped me denied it , obviously. This was way before DNA, but there was blood type evidence. Also, witnesses to the fact that I had been taken to a private area and was heard screaming at the top of my lungs till I was gagged.
    There was also the physical damage caused. I didn’t worry about a future job or what anybody would think. I made them pay at the time of the incident where 2 large adult males raped a 14 year old, 90 pound boy……
    They were both charged and found guilty within a year. Forever labeled sex offenders and never allowed to work anywhere near children again.
    These people with their shaky stories piss me off because the true victims have an even tougher time getting taken seriously !!

  4. Shauna • July 16, 2020 @ 2:26 PM

    These kinds of comments are exactly why some women never come forward. People want to blame the victim. Why didn’t they come forward at once? Why were they wearing a certain type of clothing? Why makeup, why alcohol? Well you know what? Not everyone reacts the same, Derek. You dealt with your trauma your way and she felt that if she spoke up, she would never work again. Like many women in that industry or really, in any industry. They’re told to shut up if they want to have a career. They actually have to leave the career and find something else to do if they ever want to speak up. Look at the women abused by Weinstein. They either left the business and took on something else entirely or had their careers go in the dump. Rosanna Arquette. Mira Sorvino. And many, many more in front of and behind the cameras. Read the article and find out what this woman, who trained to be a costume designer and probably loved her job, now does. It’s not in the entertainment industry, is it? Read the article and you will see exactly what happened. The only thing weird about this story is that rape shouldn’t happen. And it does every day and many men get away with it, especially if they’re rich and famous.

  5. Diane • July 16, 2020 @ 9:44 PM

    I have a hard time believing a rape survivor starts their comment with It sounds to me like she consented. Sounds to me like you did too then, Derek, although I don’t believe your story for a second. Some who has been raped would have way more compassion than that.


Join The Conversation:


Similar Articles

Harvey Weinstein asks for bail during appeal request

October 14, 2020 | 6 Comments

Disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein is asking a New York court to grant him bail while he waits to see if an appeal on his rape conviction is granted.


Kevin Spacey compares his situation to coronavirus layoffs

May 6, 2020 | 18 Comments

Kevin Spacey speaks out for the first time since the sexual assault allegations against him & says he relates to those who have lost their jobs due to COVID-19.


Bill Cosby’s lawyers ask his release from jail due to COVID-19

March 25, 2020 | 21 Comments

Bill Cosby’s lawyers want him released from the State Correctional Institution in Pennsylvania, because a prison officer has tested positive for COVID-19.


 Change Location