Heath Ledger’s last words revealed

Heath Ledger Heath Ledger‘s father Kim Ledger opened up about his son’s final words and said: “It was totally his fault.”

Australian actor Heath Ledger died over eight years ago at the age of 28. An autopsy revealed the Brokeback Mountain star had overdosed on prescription medicine.

“He put them in his system. You can’t blame anyone else in that situation,” Kim said.

According to Kim, Heath’s final words were a phone conversation with his sister Katie. Kim says “His sister was on the phone to him the night before telling him not to take the prescription medications with the sleeping tablets.”

Heath then responded: “Katie, Katie, I’m fine. I know what I’m doing.”

Heath Ledger, best known for his Academy Award winning performance in The Dark Knight as the Joker, was found unconscious the next morning. Heath was pronounced dead January 22, 2008.

When Heath won his posthumous Oscar in 2009, it was his father Kim who accepted the award on his son’s behalf, along with Heath’s mother Sally and sister Katie.

~ Yanis Khamsi

Share this article:

Comments & Discussion

  1. Teresa • July 28, 2016 @ 11:08 AM

    Everyone know what they are doing – everyone is a bloomin’ genius. Idiots.

  2. CDubya • July 28, 2016 @ 11:34 AM

    I don’t recall him ever playing a doctor.

  3. teri • July 28, 2016 @ 11:42 AM

    He is far from alone in what has happened. It’s an epidemic happening right under our noses.

    RIP Heath. You are missed.

  4. Wendy • July 28, 2016 @ 12:27 PM

    My nephew died from an accidentally overdose.

    If you are unsure about mixing, then phone a pharmacy and ask. Because he didn’t then that was dumb on his part, because he paid with his life. 😔

  5. Brentster • July 28, 2016 @ 12:57 PM

    What a friggin Joker!

  6. Lulu • July 28, 2016 @ 1:14 PM

    I feel like this is eerily personal…

  7. cbeverly • July 28, 2016 @ 1:23 PM

    No accident…..what the pills got on his mouth by chance…ha….it was a deliberate act…ya dont accidentally swallow pills and drink them down…its a choice people do….the results are tragic

  8. Darrin Miller • July 28, 2016 @ 1:35 PM

    Prescription medication can be very helpful if used properly – meaning, used as prescribed. If you mix the wrong pills or add alcohol to the mix it could be lights out.
    My mother died that way at the age of 49. I’ve been battling pain, anxiety and depression my whole life. I could have died many times over, but I am fortunate enough to still be here. If you are taking prescription medication, please by careful and be honest with your doctor!

  9. JOE • July 28, 2016 @ 2:13 PM

    He’s dead.

    End of discussion.

  10. Annette • July 28, 2016 @ 11:41 PM

    It seems that a lot of people sympathize with what the family has gone through because prescriptions related deaths seem to be more of a fatality then actual illegal drugs in North America. If it’s not someone in your family it’s someone you know. Luckily I can say it has not touched me but I believe it would be very hard to deal with in any case. Something given to you legally can ultimately kill you is as bad as someone giving you a bullet. It’s up to them if they want to hit the target or play Russian rullet. I feel for any family’s grief. Especially anyone who lost someone so full of life and talent that was wasted on a pill, that would give them a moments high or low. It’s all Very sad! I especially think (when anniversaries of deaths are rehashed) of anyone that has died tragically and what could have been, if only they were alive.

  11. J. • July 29, 2016 @ 1:45 AM

    So tragic. He was taking sleeping pills because he couldn’t sleep. People who make cruel comments have no compassion. RIP Heath.

  12. Jude • August 4, 2016 @ 1:48 PM

    Sadly this happens way too often – be careful with prescription drugs and heed the warnings – use with caution. He would have been one of the greats

  13. Joe Schmo • August 13, 2016 @ 8:02 PM

    Always follow the label it’s there for a reason. Alcohol doesn’t mix, maybe pepsi, but I always always take just one or maybe two if it’s allowed, then see if that one pill will help the symptoms after reasonable time, if not, then take a second one if allowed, or when the next time permits. And mixing two diff ones is not good, especially if they have contradicting effects or locations it’s helping relieve in the system. Actually 2 contradicting symptoms may cancel each other out, but then why are you taking the first one, or perhaps it was dual medications, the other with a stronger effect, and given taken the first one, makes this one even stronger effect to follow, which is probably what knocked him out cold. Or he took too many way too many in small time combined with two different ones. That’s overload and basically knocks your system out and stops it from responding while you are out, so knock you way out, and you’re done, not home run.

    And I was just talking like advil or ibuprofen , I barely use em now anyway, maybe just one you know what i mean. Or for my toe joint pain I use this joint medication, so it’s a beneficial supplement, just one a day, and you never gotta take a pain one unless it’s worse or you prescribe something, and follow the label. Line drive.

  14. Rock • December 26, 2016 @ 2:12 AM

    This is what we need – an insight to make evoyerne think http://svdjlimux.com [url=http://zdgqhrfrkzy.com]zdgqhrfrkzy[/url] [link=http://ybtdgvipat.com]ybtdgvipat[/link]

Join The Conversation:

Similar Articles

Trending Articles

Current Poll

  • Which TIFF film are you most looking forward to this fall?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...

You Might Also Like


Close Menu