Magneto front and center in new X-Men movie

Looks like the first class will get a second movie. Simon Kinberg, producer of the critically-acclaimed 2011 superhero movie, X-Men: First Class, revealed to MTV.com that he’s looking forward to working with the cast again. “I’m a huge X-Men fan. I grew up loving the comic books and it was really exciting to be able to do the origin story of Xavier and Magneto and getting those two actors, [James] McAvoy and [Michael] Fassbender, was really amazing,” he said. “So being able to explore those characters with actors of that quality will be exciting a second time around, and doing some things unexpected with those characters, which is the plan.” Kinberg went on to talk about a focus change for the second movie involving Magneto. “That’s what was so cool about the first one and what we want to continue,” Kinberg said. “Magneto becomes the villain ultimately of the franchise but he’s a much more complicated character as a young man. He’s someone you sympathize with, you care about you root for even though might not necessarily agree with his methods, you understand his philosophy.” ~Rodrigo Cokting

Share this article:

Comments & Discussion

  1. James • February 18, 2012 @ 12:26 PM

    X-Men: First Class is by far my favourite X-Men movie so far. Character development ftw!

  2. Nobody Important • February 18, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

    I wasn’t convinced by either of the two actors that played Magneto in this franchise. Couldn’t they find someone with some semblance to the Magneto in the cartoons?… you know, some beefy looking dude with long white locks… someone with an imposing figure.

Join The Conversation:

Similar Articles

Trending Articles

Current Poll

  • Harvey Weinstein was stripped of his Academy membership. Who should be next?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...

You Might Also Like


Close Menu