Nick Nolte managed to escape a fire at his Malibu home yesterday. The 67-year-old actor cut his right hand and suffered a minor amount of smoke inhalation but was not hospitalized. The fire, which was electrical in nature, began at approximately 11:30 a.m. in the living room of the spacious home. Nolte, who had broken a window to escape, was using a hose in an attempt to put out the fire himself when firefighters arrived. No one else was at the house at the time. Nolte went to his private physician to have his injuries treated. Damage to the home was estimated at $500,000. It’s believed the fire may have started due to a faulty printer. The actor’s publicist, Arnold Robinson, said there was no structural damage to the house. ”Mr. Nolte is grateful to the Malibu fire department and sheriff’s department for their quick response and assistance,” he said.