No more Batman for Christian Bale

Christian Bale says now that he’s finished filming The Dark Knight Rises, he’s hanging up his Batman cape. He told the Philippine Daily Inquirer during an interview that took place in Beverly Hills: “I wrapped a few days ago, so that will be the last time I’m taking that cowl off. I believe that the whole production wrapped yesterday, so it’s all done. Everything’s finished. It’s me and Chris [director Christopher Nolan]– that will be the end of that Batman era.” The Dark Knight Rises marks Bale’s third film in the role of Batman, following Batman Begins (2005) and The Dark Knight (2008). Bale, who won an Oscar earlier this year for his performance in The Fighter, has several other films lined up, including Lawless with Ryan Gosling and Knight of Cups with Cate Blanchett. The Dark Knight Rises opens in theaters July 20, 2012.

Share this article:

Comments & Discussion

  1. laura • November 28, 2011 @ 2:17 PM

    Such a loSer!

  2. Danielle • November 29, 2011 @ 12:49 PM

    That’s too bad…..he’s the best Batman. He took a role that was brutally butchered by Clooney and turned the series around to something exciting and interesting. I hope they do as good of a job picking the next Batman as they did picking this one. He is truly an excellent actor, I can’t recall one movie he has done that I don’t like.

  3. C-Dub • November 29, 2011 @ 7:54 PM

    If WB ever smartens up and follows Marvels lead, there NEEDS to be a Justice League movie and nobody, but nobody should play Batman except Bale.
    It goes Bale, then Michael Keaton, then toilet water. The rest aren’t worth mentioning. Sorry Adam West.
    But 3 great films should be enough.

Join The Conversation:

Similar Articles

Trending Articles

Current Poll

  • Harvey Weinstein was stripped of his Academy membership. Who should be next?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...

You Might Also Like


Close Menu