Taylor Lautner scores $200,000 SLS AMG Mercedes

Twilight star Taylor Lautner has used a portion of his paycheck to buy a $200,000 silver 2012 SLS AMG with gullwing doors. He went with his parents to a Mercedes-Benz dealership in Los Angeles last week and within hours, the teen had made his choice and drove home in the new car, which goes from zero to 60 in less than four seconds and does speeds of up to 200 miles per hour. Car and Driver calls the car “A first-rate and very special supercar,” and describes it as being “only a little less extreme than a Ferrari.” This is Lautner’s second car — his first was a BMW 5. Taylor can next be seen on the big screen in Abduction, followed by The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, in which he reprises his role as Jacob Black.

Share this article:

Comments & Discussion

  1. kevin • August 4, 2011 @ 6:22 AM

    Oh fun, another twit with more money than brains! How about learn about the power of the car first and how to control it. Watch, he will crash it by the end of the week!

  2. birdman_36 • August 4, 2011 @ 10:04 AM

    This guy is no humble Canadian flaunting his money and stuff. Here’s hoping he gets a ticket and arrested for dangerous driving or whatever it’s called down there.

  3. Bob • August 4, 2011 @ 12:19 PM

    Not all Canadian’s are “humble” when it comes to money…there are three or four people around here who have struck it rich over the last year in their early 20’s who have spent way more than 200K on a vehicle. As to the “power” of a vehicle or understanding it, who cares…its not built for US roads and highways and is a complete and total waste of money outside of looks and ego. What good is a car that does 200MPH when the minute you do 80MPH you are breaking just about every law in the US. Good on him, if he wants to spend 10 percent of what he makes in 6 months on a car, go ahead kid…enjoy it. Just make sure the other 90% goes to a proper fund manager and you’ll never have to worry.

  4. Tayderhead • August 4, 2011 @ 12:44 PM

    He can afford the car. Why shouldn’t he have it. If I had a wide open road for a future ahead of me like he does I’d buy whatever I wanted too. He’s living his dream and no reason why he shouldn’t be. Taylor…..enjoy!!!

  5. Sean • August 4, 2011 @ 3:27 PM

    Lautner isn’t Canadian. He’s American and from the Mid-West IIRC. It is a classy car. At least he didn’t buy a Ferrari or Lamborghini and paint it purple with skulls like “new money” rappers do.

  6. Wendy • August 4, 2011 @ 4:10 PM

    Enjoy teh fruits of your labour….but enjoy it carefully….learn how it handles before you give it for all it’s worth.

  7. Monique • August 4, 2011 @ 4:30 PM

    Its his money, he worked for it, and he can have anything he wants with it. Stop being so judgmental! jessssssssus!!

  8. Kags • August 5, 2011 @ 3:35 AM

    I don’t see what the big deal is, he has the money so why not get a nice car? If I had that kind of money then I would be buying myself nice expensive things too. When your rich it’s not bad to spend money, just be smart about it

  9. vat • August 5, 2011 @ 6:58 PM

    $200K is nothing for how much he makes….that is a pretty low key car in his world. I would say he is still grounded….you guys are all just jealous…haters.

  10. Donald • August 6, 2011 @ 1:07 PM

    Taylor L is not even Canadian you fools.

  11. jjjones • August 15, 2011 @ 1:20 PM

    I see nothing wrong with him buying this car. I’m guessing most guys would want a fancy sports car, but just can’t afford it. Besides, he still lives at home, so why not splurg on a cool car.

    And just because the speedometer shows 200mph doesn’t mean the driver is going to take it to that speed. I drive a Mini Van and the speedometer goes up to 160, but I sure as hell won’t riding down the highway at that speed. Common Sense people.

Join The Conversation:

Similar Articles

Trending Articles

Current Poll

  • Halloween releases this week. Who's your favorite horror movie character?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...

You Might Also Like

Close Menu