Terminator Genisys is all the rage right now as the film’s release date draws closer, taking the top spot on the trailer charts. The film will open wide in Canada on July 1 and if you haven’t seen the trailer yet, you’re missing out on the double dose of action and anticipation.
San Andreas tumbles behind taking the second spot while Aloha scoops the third spot. Project Almanac and Chappie round out the top five trailers of the week.
1) Terminator Genisys trailer: The year is 2029. John Connor (Jason Clarke), leader of the resistance, continues the war against the machines. At the Los Angeles offensive, John’s fears of the unknown future begin to emerge when TECOM spies reveal a new plot by SkyNet that will attack him from both fronts—past and future—and will ultimately change warfare forever.
2) San Andreas trailer: A sudden and destructive magnitude earthquake that registers 9.5 on the Richter scale leaves California in peril as it tears through the state, leaving a horrible path of destruction in its wake as it heads to San Francisco, where scientists have predicted it will cause the most damage. As it rips apart the West Coast bit by bit, Ray (Dwayne Johnson), a rescue-chopper pilot, saves his estranged wife Emma (Carla Gugino), after the restaurant she was in at the top of a high rise building starts to collapse. He then gets a call from their daughter Blake (Alexandra Daddario), who is in San Francisco trapped in a car in a garage, abandoned by her mother’s new boyfriend, Daniel (Ioan Gruffudd). Ray and Emma try to get to San Francisco to save their daughter before it’s too late.
3) Aloha trailer: After blowing a mission, a military contractor Brian Gilcrest (Bradley Cooper) returns to the U.S. Space Program in Honolulu, Hawaii, where he left behind a former girlfriend, Tracy (Rachel McAdams). He’s introduced to his Air Force liaison Ng (Emma Stone), who has boundless energy. Reluctant at first to be part of a team with Ng, claiming himself to be a lone wolf, Brian finds himself enjoying his time spent with her, while at the same time he’s drawn back towards Tracy, who says she’s moved on, but really hasn’t.
4) Project Almanac trailer: When a group of high school students find an old camera, they notice something odd in the footage. Their present selves are in one of the home videos from over 10 years ago. The friends begin to realize that there is more to this camera than what meets the eye. After hearing a clicking sound in the basement, they find a time machine. Traveling to events all over the world in different eras and having the time of their lives, the friends think things can’t get any better. But when their journeys cause ripples through time and create devastating circumstances around the world, the friends must go back in time and fix the mistakes they made before the world is destroyed.
5) Chappie trailer: In the near future, the streets are patrolled by police robots. One such robot is captured and reprogrammed to be the first robot with the ability to think and feel for himself. Named Chappie, his programmer Deon Wilson (Dev Patel) tries to teach the childlike robot about books and art. However, Australian engineer Vincent Moore (Hugh Jackman) is very opposed to the idea of artificial intelligence and wants to destroy Chappie.