It’s been a busy week with a bunch of movies releasing over the holiday season. We have rounded up Tribute’s top five trailers of the week. Star Wars: The Force Awakens is still a favorite among the Tribute fans as the trailer has ruled the #1 spot for yet another week. Angelina Jolie’s Unbroken stole the second place while the musical Into The Woods sat at number three. What was your favorite trailer of the week?
1) Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer: The continuation of the Star Wars saga, set 30 years after Return of the Jedi.
2) Unbroken trailer: Bullied as a youngster, Louis “Louie” Zamperini (Jack O’Connell) learned to fight back and beat up his tormentors. He enjoyed that so much that he began getting into trouble, so his brother Pete encouraged him to take up track to direct his energy towards something that would give him a sense of pride. Louie went on to set records as a runner and even made it to the 1936 Summer Olympics in Germany. In 1941 Louie enlisted in the United States Army Air Forces but while in combat, his plane was damaged and crashed into the sea. After 47 days on the water, he reached land but was immediately captured by the Japanese. Thrown into a prisoner-of-war camp, he was tormented by prison guard Mutsuhiro Watanabe, who was considered one of the 40 most wanted war criminals in Japan. Based on the book by Laura Hillenbrand.
3) Into the Woods trailer: A baker (James Corden) and his wife (Emily Blunt) learn that they’ve been cursed by a witch (Meryl Streep) into being childless. They must venture into the woods to find out how to break the spell so they can start a family. Along the way, they encounter well known characters of a variety of the Brothers Grimm fairy tales, including Rapunzel (Mackenzie Mauzy), Little Red Riding Hood (Lilla Crawford) and Cinderella (Anna Kendrick). Based on the hit Broadway musical by James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim.
4) The Gambler trailer: English professor Jim Bennett (Mark Wahlberg) is a high stakes gambler who routinely loses hundreds of thousands of dollars at blackjack and roulette tables. A risk taker, he’s already in debt for $240,000 when he borrows $50,000 from a brutal gangster named Neville (Michael Kenneth Williams), putting up his own life as collateral. Bennett blows the $300,000 his mother (Jessica Lange) gives him to bail him out during a single trip to a Palm Springs Casino and immerses himself in an illicit, underground world while garnering the attention of loan shark Frank (John Goodman). It isn’t until Bennett develops a relationship with student Amy Phillips (Brie Larson) and she’s threatened, that he finds himself taking the ultimate risk to get a second chance.
5) Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb trailer: When the magic of The Tablet of Ahkmenrah begins to die out, endangering the lives of the museum characters, Larry (Ben Stiller) has one day to figure out why and travels to London on a quest to save the magic before it is gone forever. Theodore Roosevelt (Robin Williams), Jedadiah (Owen Wilson), Octavius (Steve Coogan), Attila the Hun (Patrick Gallagher), Sacagawea (Mizuo Peck), Dexter the Capuchin Monkey and Lancelot (Dan Stevens) team up to help Larry.