The Longest Ride continues to lead Tribute’s top trailers of the week. Hot on its heels was the new Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer, which has been getting a lot of buzz since the trailer leaked days before the official release. Fantastic Four, Jurassic World and Unfriended rounded out the top trailers of the week.
1) The Longest Ride trailer: Luke (Scott Eastwood) was a champion bull rider, but after a fall that put him in the hospital, he had to stop competing. Now, with the possibility that he and his mother could lose their ranch, he has to get back into the sport to earn enough money to pay the bills, even though another bad fall will likely kill him. He meets Sophia (Britt Robertson), a college student who will soon be heading to New York to begin her new career. They fall in love, but with them both heading in opposite directions, they don’t know where their relationship stands. While driving, they come across Ira (Alan Alda), an elderly man whose car went off the side of the road, trapping him inside. He shares his memories of his own decades-long romance with his beloved wife, which deeply inspires the young couple.
2) Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer: The trailer reveals why the two superheroes are going head-to-head with each other. Following the events of Man of Steel, the city does not trust Superman (Henry Cavill) because of the immense power he can unleash. Batman (Ben Affleck), with fierce glowing eyes, says, “Tell me, do you bleed?” and with a sinister response he guarantees, “You will.”
3) Fantastic Four trailer: Four young outsiders (Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan, Jamie Bell) gain extraordinary abilities after teleporting to an alternate and dangerous universe. They must learn to use their new powers and work together to save the planet from a former friend turned enemy (Toby Kebbell).Four young outsiders (Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan, Jamie Bell) gain extraordinary abilities after teleporting to an alternate and dangerous universe. They must learn to use their new powers and work together to save the planet from a former friend turned enemy (Toby Kebbell).
4) Jurassic World trailer: Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) is one of a team of scientists who have created a genetically modified new type of dinosaur for Jurassic World, a fully functioning dinosaur theme park as originally envisioned by John Hammond. However, not everyone agrees that this is a good idea. Owen (Chris Pratt), who works at the theme park, soon finds out his misgivings were correct and he has to evacuate the island before the thousands of visitors are hurt or killed.
5) Unfriended trailer: California teenager Laura Barns (Heather Sossaman) commits suicide when she’s called “a slut” and a “waste of life” after one of her classmates posts an embarrassing video of her online to shame her. Her suicide is also captured on video and posted online. A year later, an anonymous person uses Laura’s Skype account to contact six of her friends to demand that whichever one of them posted the shaming video online come forward and admit it. When no one confesses, the anonymous person types “Tell me who posted the video…or someone dies.” When they all claim to be innocent, frightening things begin to occur.