The highly anticipated erotic film Fifty Shades of Grey hit theatres on Valentine’s Day weekend. The film, which stars Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson, earned $82.6 million in its debut weekend and was Tribute’s #1 trailer of the week. Action thriller Kingsman: The Secret Service, starring British actor Colin Firth, took the second spot while American Sniper settled in third. The Imitation Game and Jupiter Ascending scored the fourth and fifth positions, respectively.
1) Fifty Shades of Grey
2) Kingsman: The Secret Service
3) American Sniper
4) The Imitation Game
5) Jupiter Ascending
1) Fifty Shades of Grey trailer: Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson), 21, is studying at Washington State University. She takes a writing assignment for the school paper to interview Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan), a 27-year-old successful and wealthy entrepreneur. Although she finds him intimidating, she’s instantly attracted to Christian. He later shows up at the hardware store where she works part time and buys cable ties, masking tape and rope. They begin a relationship, but beforehand, he asks her to sign a non-disclosure agreement forbidding her to discuss anything that they do together. She learns he’s into BDSM and he then asks her to sign a second contract consenting to dominance and submission and tells her their relationship will not be romantic.
2) Kinsgman: Secret Service trailer: Gary ‘Eggsy’ Unwin (Taron Egerton), a delinquent street kid, is recruited into a secret spy organization’s ultra-competitive training program by Harry Hart, a veteran agent (Colin Firth) who knew his father. Although at first reluctant, when Eggsy sees Harry single-handedly take on a gang of thugs using high-tech weapons, he launches himself into the rigorous training program, hoping to secure a position as an agent. Based on the comic book “The Secret Service” by Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons.
3) American Sniper trailer: Texas native Chris Kyle (Bradley Cooper) becomes a Navy SEAL and during his time in the service, records the highest number of sniper kills for an American—more than 150 confirmed kills. Meanwhile, his wife slowly watches as her husband’s affection turns from her to the SEALS and the war. Based on the memoir by Chris Kyle.
4) The Imitation Game trailer: Alan Turing (Benedict Cumberbatch), a brilliant Cambridge mathematician, cryptanalyst and computer scientist, is enlisted by his country during World War II to break the Nazi Enigma code, and is later persecuted by the government in 1952 for being homosexual. Based on the book Alan Turing: The Enigma by Andrew Hodges.
5) Jupiter Ascending trailer: When Jupiter Jones (Mila Kunis) was born, the stars pointed to an extraordinary event. Not knowing that her DNA marks her as potentially being the universe’s next leader, Jupiter, once grown, finds herself earning a living cleaning other people’s toilets. When she’s identified and ordered for execution, Caine (Channing Tatum), a genetically engineered ex-military hunter, arrives on Earth to track her down and rescues her. He takes her back to his planet, where she begins to glimpse the fate that has been waiting for her all along—her genetic signature marks her as next in line for an extraordinary inheritance that could alter the balance of the cosmos.