Halle Berry is reportedly set to apply for a restraining order against Gabriel Aubry. The actress was granted an emergency temporary protection order until Tuesday against her ex-boyfriend - with whom she shares four-year-old daughter Nahla - after he got into a dust-up with her fiancé Olivier Martinez at her home on Thursday. Insiders told TMZ.com the actress's legal team will appear in court soon to extend the protection order for an indefinite period, arguing it is risky for Gabriel to be around his daughter because he can't control himself.
Halle previously argued the model had a difficult time controlling his temper, and is confident this will help her case. Gabriel was charged with battery on Thursday and brought to hospital with a broken rib, facial
contusions and a possible head injury.
The fight reportedly occurred when Gabriel was dropping Nahla back to her mother's house Thursday morning. Olivier tried to speak to him about the ongoing custody dispute between him and Halle, saying, "We have to move on." Gabriel is said to have pushed the French actor and tried to punch him in the face but Olivier blocked it and then a full-blown fight broke out.
Gabriel and Halle - who split in 2010 - have been at odds ever since she tried to convince a judge to allow her to move to France with Nahla, a move that was recently blocked by the courts.